Skip to main content

DISNEY, DUBLIN AND FESTIVAL FUN

As the days get colder and the rain more frequent, I've found myself looking back through photos from the summer. I was lucky to have a very busy few months after finishing my first year of university and had the best time so I thought I'd do a recap of everything I got up to. Festivals I'd never been to a festival before and this year I went to 3! The first was The Isle of Wight Festival which was just amazing and I definitely think it's a festival for everyone to enjoy. We were able to see some amazing artists including Lewis Capaldi, Tom Grennan, The Kooks, Rudimental, Madness, Shaggy and so many more. I did end up burning myself really badly on the first day, despite frequently applying suncream but that was a small price to pay and I've already planned to go again in 2023!  I also went to Boomtown which is a different kind of experience music wise but was so good to spend time with my boyfriend - Ryan and our friends. Also, the sets were incredible, and the eff

BLOGBOX EDITION 2

Much to my surprise I recently won a giveaway to receive the new Edition 2 BlogBox, I was so pleased when I saw that I'd won - firstly because all the contents look gorgeous but also because I never seem to win things like that haha! I think the last time I entered and won a competition was one from a girly magazine when I was much younger and I won a Nintendo ds game! I received my parcel from BlogBox yesterday which was packaged wonderfully and wanted to share the contents!

For anyone who hasn't heard of BlogBox it's a subscription service designed to help bloggers, each box contains bits and pieces like planning tools, photo props and discount codes. The service is run by the lovely bloggers Steff and Sam, who also happen to be Mother and Daughter! What I really like about BlogBox is how affordable it is, you can buy the Edition 2 box for just £9.50 or the Edition 1 box is currently on sale for only £5.50! Anyway, here are the things that I received.

Travel Candle from Candles by Katy


Each box contains a gorgeous candle in either the Parma Violet, Fresh Linen, Mandarin & Sandalwood, or the one that I got which is Pink Champagne & Pomelo scent. I'd not heard of Candles by Katy before but it smells so amazing, and definitely not something I've had before. Also, the packaging is super cute, it's simplistic but really sophisticated and I love the copper lid. These candles actually have a wooden wick which is something I've not tried before but I can't wait to try it out!


Bling Pen from Fox & Moon

As an avid stationery lover, I was obviously delighted when I saw this super cute pen from Fox & Moon. Each box comes one in either rose gold, silver or gold. All are so pretty so I'd have been happy with them, my planner does have gold lettering have so I guess the gold pen fate! Things like this are so handy for blog props and I know this is going to great in future blog photos, you really can't go wrong with stationery! 

Copper Fairy Lights 

I feel like every blogger appreciates fairy lights, they can really make a photo can't they and plus they just make perfection decoration around the house. These are warm white which is definitely my favourite, especially for this time of year as I really think it makes everything seem so cosy. I like that copper wire too as that makes it so easy to arrange it. Also, they are a perfect size and aren't too bulky - so expect to see this in a lot of upcoming blog posts! 

Washi Tape

Another essential for many bloggers, BlogBox Edition 2 also comes with a roll of pink and gold washi tape. This is great to use in things like planners and journals or again it makes an easy but effective blog prop. I really like how thin this one is, it's so pretty and I really like the pattern too!

Crystal Confetti

I feel like things are this underrated, it's so simple but it can really add so much to a blog photo. The box contains a small pot of clear crystal confetti which is so pretty and I can't wait to use it in my future photos. Also, it's so handy that it comes in a pot as you can keep it safe to use over and over!

Blogging Checklist 

There is a particularly handy checklist that you can have a quick read of before publishing a blog post too. It comes on a little card with such a pretty design and has a list of things you can so that you don't forget anything. This is helpful for anyone but definitely think it would benefit new bloggers.   

Discount Codes

One of the best things about the BlogBox service is the fact that in addition to all the lovely bits and pieces you also receive discount codes. In Edition 2 you actually get a 20% discount for Candles by Katy which I'll definitely be using soon as I really want to try some of the other scents. On top of this, there is also a discount for 15% off at Fox & Moon, again there are some great bits that you can buy there too so that's a great bonus!


I'm really pleased with what I got in this BlogBox, what a great prize to win! I'll definitely be checking out their future editions and I recommend you do too, thank you so much to Steff and Sam for creating such a great subscription box for bloggers!

Comments

  1. I'm all about the washi tape! I use so much of it!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to stock up haha! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  2. Major congrats on winning the blogbox! You got some neat things from the box. Oooh, I am a total fan of the fairy lights. They're super trendy these days and look great as props. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so pleased when I saw I’d won! Yes fairy lights are a must have these days, thanks for reading!xx

      Delete
  3. Congrats on winning! This looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on winning! Definitely love some good ol' fairy lights!

    Lovely post :)
    Chloe x
    http://www.chloechats.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so handy aren’t they! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  5. Congrats on winning your Blogbox! This box has a lot of items in it and has a reasonable price. I would love to have a box like that especially if it has copper lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it’s a really lovely box isn’t it and so affordable! Copper lights are really a winner aren’t they haha! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  6. Love this! Congratulations on winning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGMAS: CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE

Christmas is approaching so today I thought I'd share my gift guide to hopefully give you inspiration for the people you are buying for this year. I am going to do a combination of gifts for her, gifts for him and then gifts for anyone!  Knitted Jumper - Perfect for this time of the year and something most people would appreciate. Head over to Asos for a huge selection!  Jacket - Another one that is useful for the colder weather, personally I'd like a denim jacket this Christmas but you could also go for a leather, smarter or bomber jacket. Have a look on Topshop for some inspiration!        Image via: Topshop  Shirt - This is definitely something I know my Dad would appreciate and would be a great present if you tend to dress smarter on Christmas day! There are some great choices at John Lewis and Marks and Spencer.  Slippers - Another ideal gift for this time of the year and so cosy,  Next  have some great ones!  Converse - Another one that is on my l

1 YEAR OF BLOGGING!

I did it, a whole year of blogging! I'm so glad that I stuck at it because I enjoy it so much and can't believe how much progress I've made with it all. Not only that, but I've connected to so many people all around the world which is just amazing, I can't wait to see what the next year working on my blog brings! Anyway, here is a sum up of my blogging journey so far. What I've achieved - Just over 50 posts which is equal to roughly 1 per week, and I'm definitely pleased with that! I started off slow and could have probably done a lot more but at least I've got something to work towards! - Hit 1.5k+ followers on my blog Twitter account and also had 30.5k impressions in my best month - Reached 200+ followers on my blog Instagram account after starting to properly use it in May - Had 2562 viewers on Pinterest in one day and an average of around 1000 - Over 9000 pageviews, the fact that I'm on the way to 10,000 blows my mind! -

MID-YEAR GOALS

Since we're halfway through the year I thought I'd do some reflecting and wanted to refocus on some goals to work towards for the rest of 2018. I like having something to work towards whether it's more short-term or something that I'd like to improve over time. I've tried to include a range of things so I can target different aspects of my life! Blogging Goals Hit 2000 followers on Twitter - I just hit 1.5k so 2000 is my next goal! I'm really pleased with how my Twitter following is growing as it's my favourite social media and way to connect! Hit 500 followers on Instagram - My blog account is pretty new & I'm still learning to use it for blogging but I hope to reach at least 500 followers. Work with more companies - It's so rewarding when brands contact and want to work with you so I'd love to work with more companies, I've not had much experience of it but have done a couple of reviews! Schedule more posts - It&