Skip to main content

DISNEY, DUBLIN AND FESTIVAL FUN

As the days get colder and the rain more frequent, I've found myself looking back through photos from the summer. I was lucky to have a very busy few months after finishing my first year of university and had the best time so I thought I'd do a recap of everything I got up to. Festivals I'd never been to a festival before and this year I went to 3! The first was The Isle of Wight Festival which was just amazing and I definitely think it's a festival for everyone to enjoy. We were able to see some amazing artists including Lewis Capaldi, Tom Grennan, The Kooks, Rudimental, Madness, Shaggy and so many more. I did end up burning myself really badly on the first day, despite frequently applying suncream but that was a small price to pay and I've already planned to go again in 2023!  I also went to Boomtown which is a different kind of experience music wise but was so good to spend time with my boyfriend - Ryan and our friends. Also, the sets were incredible, and the eff

15 TIPS FOR BLOG POST INSPIRATION


Like me, everyone has times when it can be difficult to find the inspiration to write new blog posts. I feel like it’s easier to come up with ideas at certain times of the year but it can be frustrating when you can’t seem to write something that you’re happy with. I thought I’d share a few things that I try when writer's block hits me!

→ Pinterest - A classic go to for inspiration for pretty much everything, why not keep a board full of different ideas that you can come back to when you're feeling a bit stuck for fresh ideas.
→ Lists & Mind maps - Try making lists or if that’s not your thing then perhaps a mind map may help. I like to write down the things I enjoy and am interested in and often that can give me a burst of inspiration for some posts. 
→ Read other blogs - This is one of the best ways to get some inspiration for the content that's already out there. I'd recommend participating in blog chats as they're a great way to talk with and support fellow bloggers!
→ Mood boards - It can be really useful to have something visual to look at when you’re lacking in ideas, it can often help to have it there in front of you and that way you can always come back to it.
→ Review things - Reviews are useful posts as it gives you an opportunity to share things with your readers, you can also tailor it to your interests. For example, if you love a good Netflix binge then why not review some of the things you’ve watched recently? 
→ Use seasons & events - There are always plenty of ideas specific to seasons or events, I mean just look at how many different Christmas themed posts there are! Also, if you attend personal events then why not share your experience?
→ Participate in tags - When you aren’t feeling inspired, there are lots of different tags that you can take part in, they’re actually some of the most fun posts to write and read since it’s a great way to get to know people better.
→ Utilise social media - Whilst social media is great for procrastination, it’s also full of ideas that can inspire you. You could share your opinion on current trends as that’s a great way to engage readers.
→ Try something new - Whether it's trying something new with your blog like a review, or perhaps you could experiment with something different and then share your experience. You could even make it a series and update readers on your progress!
→ Get creative - You don't have to be an artist to be creative and it can be a great way to get motivated to start producing content again. It can also help to distract you as it gives you something to focus on that's fun at the same time.
→ Take a break - Instead of putting pressure on yourself, take a break and relax or go and do something completely unrelated. This is often the best way to feel rejuvenated and ready to concentrate again.
→ Watch something - Another great distraction is to watch something, whether it's a film, a tv series you love or something on YouTube. Often inspiration can come when you're not expecting it and you could always share a review of the things you end up watching.
→ Go out - Make plans and get out of the house if you're feeling frustrated, even if it's just a walk to clear your head. Also, being out and about can bring endless ideas for you to write about!
→ Pamper yourself - Set some time aside to properly relax, I often find that I'll get inspiration for a post whilst not actively thinking about it. So why not run a bath, put on a facemask, light a few candles and you never know what ideas might come to you and if not? At least you're feeling relaxed and can be ready to focus again.
Google it - If all else fails you can of course head to good old Google and search for some idea inspiration, the possibilities are endless and you're bound to find something that suits you. Often you can find things to adapt in order to fit your content better too.

Here is a quick mind map I created to help plan blog post ideas!
Hopefully, you're already full of multiple ideas for content, but if not then perhaps this list has given you a couple of things to try out. I'd be interested to know what sort of things you do whn you find it difficult to produce new and interesting blog posts.

Comments

  1. This post was so helpful! I'm not struggling for blog content ideas at the minute (for a change) I can just never find the time to actually write a post but I know when I am struggling I'll definitely come back to this post! I've never thought of doing a mind map of ideas although I used to love doing them in school and I think tags are a great idea when you're lacking inspiration too!

    Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it can be annoying if you’ve got ideas but not enough time! Mind maps were always my thing in school so I thought why not use that to help! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. I never heard of a mind map, you introduced something new to me today! I also like the idea of creating mood boards to get so inspiration for posts, never thought of that either😁

    Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve always found them useful as you can write down a lot of information but it’s pretty visual at the same time! Glad I could introduce you to some ideas!

      Delete
  3. These are such amazing tips! I love a moodboard!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they’re great and I definitely need to make one! Hope this was of some help xx

      Delete
  4. This will be so so helpful! I've not written on my blog consistently for ages, and I hope this will help me do just that once again :)

    Emily - www.thatcreativegenius.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad about that, good luck with getting your blog up and running again!

      Delete
  5. Pinterest is such a shout, never thought about mind mapping but it’s defo something I’ll try!

    Jessica & James | www.foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is super helpful! I had never even thought of creating a Pinterest board for blog ideas! I find the best thing to do if I'm stuck for ideas is, as you say, read other blogs. It could be something another blogger mentions in one of their posts that triggers an idea xxx

    Ashley
    https://lellalee.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGMAS: CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE

Christmas is approaching so today I thought I'd share my gift guide to hopefully give you inspiration for the people you are buying for this year. I am going to do a combination of gifts for her, gifts for him and then gifts for anyone!  Knitted Jumper - Perfect for this time of the year and something most people would appreciate. Head over to Asos for a huge selection!  Jacket - Another one that is useful for the colder weather, personally I'd like a denim jacket this Christmas but you could also go for a leather, smarter or bomber jacket. Have a look on Topshop for some inspiration!        Image via: Topshop  Shirt - This is definitely something I know my Dad would appreciate and would be a great present if you tend to dress smarter on Christmas day! There are some great choices at John Lewis and Marks and Spencer.  Slippers - Another ideal gift for this time of the year and so cosy,  Next  have some great ones!  Converse - Another one that is on my l

1 YEAR OF BLOGGING!

I did it, a whole year of blogging! I'm so glad that I stuck at it because I enjoy it so much and can't believe how much progress I've made with it all. Not only that, but I've connected to so many people all around the world which is just amazing, I can't wait to see what the next year working on my blog brings! Anyway, here is a sum up of my blogging journey so far. What I've achieved - Just over 50 posts which is equal to roughly 1 per week, and I'm definitely pleased with that! I started off slow and could have probably done a lot more but at least I've got something to work towards! - Hit 1.5k+ followers on my blog Twitter account and also had 30.5k impressions in my best month - Reached 200+ followers on my blog Instagram account after starting to properly use it in May - Had 2562 viewers on Pinterest in one day and an average of around 1000 - Over 9000 pageviews, the fact that I'm on the way to 10,000 blows my mind! -

MID-YEAR GOALS

Since we're halfway through the year I thought I'd do some reflecting and wanted to refocus on some goals to work towards for the rest of 2018. I like having something to work towards whether it's more short-term or something that I'd like to improve over time. I've tried to include a range of things so I can target different aspects of my life! Blogging Goals Hit 2000 followers on Twitter - I just hit 1.5k so 2000 is my next goal! I'm really pleased with how my Twitter following is growing as it's my favourite social media and way to connect! Hit 500 followers on Instagram - My blog account is pretty new & I'm still learning to use it for blogging but I hope to reach at least 500 followers. Work with more companies - It's so rewarding when brands contact and want to work with you so I'd love to work with more companies, I've not had much experience of it but have done a couple of reviews! Schedule more posts - It&