Skip to main content

DISNEY, DUBLIN AND FESTIVAL FUN

As the days get colder and the rain more frequent, I've found myself looking back through photos from the summer. I was lucky to have a very busy few months after finishing my first year of university and had the best time so I thought I'd do a recap of everything I got up to. Festivals I'd never been to a festival before and this year I went to 3! The first was The Isle of Wight Festival which was just amazing and I definitely think it's a festival for everyone to enjoy. We were able to see some amazing artists including Lewis Capaldi, Tom Grennan, The Kooks, Rudimental, Madness, Shaggy and so many more. I did end up burning myself really badly on the first day, despite frequently applying suncream but that was a small price to pay and I've already planned to go again in 2023!  I also went to Boomtown which is a different kind of experience music wise but was so good to spend time with my boyfriend - Ryan and our friends. Also, the sets were incredible, and the eff

FEBRUARY MONTHLY FAVOURITES

After January dragging on forever, February literally seemed to fly by! I'm pretty glad though as March is my birthday month, so mad that I'll be 19 soon! Anyway, despite it being a short month I've still got some favourites to share!

Experience - So I had to start by talking about how lovely it was to meet my new baby cousin, Aya earlier this month! She was born on the 3rd of February so my family and I went up to Bristol to go see her and oh my, she was so tiny and adorable! It was also lovely to catch up with my Uncle, Auntie and Aya's big brother who has just turned 3. He is at that really funny, cheeky stage and was obsessed with playing with my hair which involved spreading it across my face so it looked liked a 'spiderweb'!

Music - I've recently loved listening to Dua Lipa, especially whilst walking to and from work. Her music has that really refreshing sound, definitely been a good year for her, hasn't it! If you haven't listened to any of her stuff (how?) then I seriously urge you to have a listen. Check out her album here!

Home - That fresh linen and cotton smell is one of my favourites, especially now we're making our way towards spring - although the recent snow says different! Anyway, I got this Cotton Fresh Diffuser from Tesco for a grand total of £3 so it was a complete bargain, but smells amazing! It is the perfect thing to keep your room smelling great and isn't expensive to replace either!


YouTube - I was trying to think about what new YouTubers I've been watching over February, however, I haven't really watched many new people so I thought I'd share some of my old favourites that I've particularly enjoyed over the past month!
Our Tiny Tribe - Ebony and David always create genuine and relatable vlogs but it's been so lovely to watch them become parents, Daisy is she too sweet!
Emily Canham -  I've mostly loved going back and watching Emily's 'Primark Week' videos, it's always interesting to see that you can really great bits without having to spend a fortune!
Sophie Louise - Sophie is great if you're thinking about buying new makeup products as she has done countless testing videos that are creative but honest & you can always tell if she genuinely does like the product or not!
Melanie Murphy - I have really enjoyed watching Melanie's monthly vlogs, it's a great way to see a roundup of what she's been up to over the month and it's also really interesting to see the difference between her month in Ireland, compared to when she just spent a month in Spain with her boyfriend!
Jess & Gabriel - I've been watching them since they were just starting out their long distance relationship so to see them now as a happily married and successful couple is so inspirational. I also love any videos that they sing in, particularly Disney songs as I share Jess' love of High School Musical!
MoreZoella - So I also love Zoe's main channel too obviously, she's definitely the creator I have watched for the longest but recently I've been loving the way she has been showing more behind the scenes stuff in her vlogs. As a creative person, it is so interesting to see all the planning stages that go into her beauty and lifestyle ranges!

Beauty - I used the Bleach London balayage kit earlier this month again as I needed a haircut and ended up cutting quite a bit of the blonde I'd put in before. Firstly, I'd like to say that if you're looking to do a DIY balayage type thing then I really rate this kit, it's so easy and I've been pleased with the results each time I've used it. However, I want to give a special mention to the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask, you receive a tube of it with the kit but you can also buy it from Cult Beauty separately. It has done wonders to my hair, obviously using bleach isn't great so I've been trying to keep it in the best condition I possibly can and using this keeps my hair looking healthy and feeling so soft!


Let me know what you've been loving over the last month, especially any YouTubers as I'm always looking for new people to watch!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGMAS: CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE

Christmas is approaching so today I thought I'd share my gift guide to hopefully give you inspiration for the people you are buying for this year. I am going to do a combination of gifts for her, gifts for him and then gifts for anyone!  Knitted Jumper - Perfect for this time of the year and something most people would appreciate. Head over to Asos for a huge selection!  Jacket - Another one that is useful for the colder weather, personally I'd like a denim jacket this Christmas but you could also go for a leather, smarter or bomber jacket. Have a look on Topshop for some inspiration!        Image via: Topshop  Shirt - This is definitely something I know my Dad would appreciate and would be a great present if you tend to dress smarter on Christmas day! There are some great choices at John Lewis and Marks and Spencer.  Slippers - Another ideal gift for this time of the year and so cosy,  Next  have some great ones!  Converse - Another one that is on my l

1 YEAR OF BLOGGING!

I did it, a whole year of blogging! I'm so glad that I stuck at it because I enjoy it so much and can't believe how much progress I've made with it all. Not only that, but I've connected to so many people all around the world which is just amazing, I can't wait to see what the next year working on my blog brings! Anyway, here is a sum up of my blogging journey so far. What I've achieved - Just over 50 posts which is equal to roughly 1 per week, and I'm definitely pleased with that! I started off slow and could have probably done a lot more but at least I've got something to work towards! - Hit 1.5k+ followers on my blog Twitter account and also had 30.5k impressions in my best month - Reached 200+ followers on my blog Instagram account after starting to properly use it in May - Had 2562 viewers on Pinterest in one day and an average of around 1000 - Over 9000 pageviews, the fact that I'm on the way to 10,000 blows my mind! -

MID-YEAR GOALS

Since we're halfway through the year I thought I'd do some reflecting and wanted to refocus on some goals to work towards for the rest of 2018. I like having something to work towards whether it's more short-term or something that I'd like to improve over time. I've tried to include a range of things so I can target different aspects of my life! Blogging Goals Hit 2000 followers on Twitter - I just hit 1.5k so 2000 is my next goal! I'm really pleased with how my Twitter following is growing as it's my favourite social media and way to connect! Hit 500 followers on Instagram - My blog account is pretty new & I'm still learning to use it for blogging but I hope to reach at least 500 followers. Work with more companies - It's so rewarding when brands contact and want to work with you so I'd love to work with more companies, I've not had much experience of it but have done a couple of reviews! Schedule more posts - It&