Skip to main content

DISNEY, DUBLIN AND FESTIVAL FUN

As the days get colder and the rain more frequent, I've found myself looking back through photos from the summer. I was lucky to have a very busy few months after finishing my first year of university and had the best time so I thought I'd do a recap of everything I got up to. Festivals I'd never been to a festival before and this year I went to 3! The first was The Isle of Wight Festival which was just amazing and I definitely think it's a festival for everyone to enjoy. We were able to see some amazing artists including Lewis Capaldi, Tom Grennan, The Kooks, Rudimental, Madness, Shaggy and so many more. I did end up burning myself really badly on the first day, despite frequently applying suncream but that was a small price to pay and I've already planned to go again in 2023!  I also went to Boomtown which is a different kind of experience music wise but was so good to spend time with my boyfriend - Ryan and our friends. Also, the sets were incredible, and the eff

UPDATES AND REFLECTIONS


I'm not sure if I'll make this a monthly thing but I wanted to reflect on the progress of my goals and habits through January and I've actually got an exciting update! 

This year I spent some time to properly think about my goals and plans so thought it would be good to reflect upon them after a month! I think I'm fairly good at being self-aware and acknowledging areas I'd like to improve or change but hopefully this will help me to stick to the goals I set myself. 

Let's start with the update then, as I mentioned in my 2021 goals post, I decided to apply to start a new university degree this year. If you want to know a little more about why then you can find that post here. After hearing back from one of the universities within a few days, I couldn't help but check for any updates all the time... I'm not a fan of waiting for things! A couple of months later and I've now received unconditional offers for all 5 courses which I couldn't be happier about, I'm glad the time I spent writing a personal statement and the grades I achieved at school paid off! I've now got to decide which offer I want to accept and anyone that knows me will be aware of how indecisive I can be so that's going to take some time. It's also strange that I can't go and visit the universities or cities that I may potentially live in but I've been spending a lot of time doing as much research as I can and finding online content others have shared of their experiences. Despite it being a weird and very uncertain time, I'm excited to start something new in September and am looking forward to the whole process.

One of my main goals is to prepare for and start a new university degree, so far this is going as well as I could hope! Another of my main focuses is exercising regularly and I'm pleased to say that this is definitely area that's been improving throughout January. I've exercised 5 times a week consistently and feel more motivated to try different workout routines. I'm also really looking forward to the lighter evenings (and hopefully better weather) so that I can exercise outside more often. I've been tracking my exercises using an online calendar and I think it's definitely helping me to stick to it. 

I'm also glad that I've started uploading blog posts more regularly again. In 2020 I found it hard to think of ideas since the course I was doing required me to keep a blog of all my coursework. Obviously that was a priority and I'm pleased with the content I produced, however it definitely meant that this blog took a backseat! Now that I've got more time and have actively thought about planning ahead more, I hope to continue posting frequently! 

One area that still needs some work is my sleep schedule, which I'm not at all surprised about. This is something I've been trying to improve for years, I've always found it difficult to fall asleep and always have way more energy at night. I'm think I'm always going to be someone who stays up a little later but I want to start going to bed at a consistent time at least to get into more of a routine! I downloaded the 'Routinery' app to help with this recently so we'll see if it makes a difference!

Do you take time to reflect on your goals or habits? I know some people love doing a form of journaling - I've always been tempted to try bullet journaling but I'd think I'd spend all my time making it look nice, rather than actually using it productively!

Comments

  1. This was a lovely read, I do like to reflect on my goals, especially at the end of the year x

    Lucy | www.lucymary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely like sitting down to look back on my goals at the end of the year too. Thanks for reading! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGMAS: CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE

Christmas is approaching so today I thought I'd share my gift guide to hopefully give you inspiration for the people you are buying for this year. I am going to do a combination of gifts for her, gifts for him and then gifts for anyone!  Knitted Jumper - Perfect for this time of the year and something most people would appreciate. Head over to Asos for a huge selection!  Jacket - Another one that is useful for the colder weather, personally I'd like a denim jacket this Christmas but you could also go for a leather, smarter or bomber jacket. Have a look on Topshop for some inspiration!        Image via: Topshop  Shirt - This is definitely something I know my Dad would appreciate and would be a great present if you tend to dress smarter on Christmas day! There are some great choices at John Lewis and Marks and Spencer.  Slippers - Another ideal gift for this time of the year and so cosy,  Next  have some great ones!  Converse - Another one that is on my l

1 YEAR OF BLOGGING!

I did it, a whole year of blogging! I'm so glad that I stuck at it because I enjoy it so much and can't believe how much progress I've made with it all. Not only that, but I've connected to so many people all around the world which is just amazing, I can't wait to see what the next year working on my blog brings! Anyway, here is a sum up of my blogging journey so far. What I've achieved - Just over 50 posts which is equal to roughly 1 per week, and I'm definitely pleased with that! I started off slow and could have probably done a lot more but at least I've got something to work towards! - Hit 1.5k+ followers on my blog Twitter account and also had 30.5k impressions in my best month - Reached 200+ followers on my blog Instagram account after starting to properly use it in May - Had 2562 viewers on Pinterest in one day and an average of around 1000 - Over 9000 pageviews, the fact that I'm on the way to 10,000 blows my mind! -

MID-YEAR GOALS

Since we're halfway through the year I thought I'd do some reflecting and wanted to refocus on some goals to work towards for the rest of 2018. I like having something to work towards whether it's more short-term or something that I'd like to improve over time. I've tried to include a range of things so I can target different aspects of my life! Blogging Goals Hit 2000 followers on Twitter - I just hit 1.5k so 2000 is my next goal! I'm really pleased with how my Twitter following is growing as it's my favourite social media and way to connect! Hit 500 followers on Instagram - My blog account is pretty new & I'm still learning to use it for blogging but I hope to reach at least 500 followers. Work with more companies - It's so rewarding when brands contact and want to work with you so I'd love to work with more companies, I've not had much experience of it but have done a couple of reviews! Schedule more posts - It&