Skip to main content

DISNEY, DUBLIN AND FESTIVAL FUN

As the days get colder and the rain more frequent, I've found myself looking back through photos from the summer. I was lucky to have a very busy few months after finishing my first year of university and had the best time so I thought I'd do a recap of everything I got up to. Festivals I'd never been to a festival before and this year I went to 3! The first was The Isle of Wight Festival which was just amazing and I definitely think it's a festival for everyone to enjoy. We were able to see some amazing artists including Lewis Capaldi, Tom Grennan, The Kooks, Rudimental, Madness, Shaggy and so many more. I did end up burning myself really badly on the first day, despite frequently applying suncream but that was a small price to pay and I've already planned to go again in 2023!  I also went to Boomtown which is a different kind of experience music wise but was so good to spend time with my boyfriend - Ryan and our friends. Also, the sets were incredible, and the eff

JULY MONTHLY FAVOURITES

Firstly, how are we already in August?! This year seems to have gone so fast and all the months have sort of blurred into one, however I always enjoy reading monthly favourites so here are some of mine for August!

Stationery: Okay, I admit it. I'm a sucker for stationery. I genuinely owe a huge chunk of my revision to Stabilo Boss highlighters. All those endless mind maps were completed using these and somehow it actually helped me to remember a lot of the information. I also enjoy trying to feel and appear organised  (even when I'm not) so these highlighters are something I often grab for. I couldn't not put it in my favourites really...though they may be quietly booted off this list when I receive my results later this month! Pick up a pack of 8 from Amazon using the link at the bottom of this page!
Movie: Troian Bellasario aka (Spencer Hastings) has a new movie out and after loving her in PLL I was intrigued. She is a great actress and this movie conveys a poignant and educational message. There are a number of movies that tackle the eating disorder taboo, however this one is focused on the voice which is brought to life by Tom Felton. For someone who hasn't experienced an eating disorder this helped me to gain a much better understanding and therefore I definitely think it is something people should watch and be willing to learn.    
Make up: I couldn't really think of any new make up that I had been loving through June, I tend to stick with the same things (need to branch out, I'm aware) but something I have been loving are eyelash curlers. Usually I wear eyeliner & mascara but during the rare sunny weather recently, I haven't wanted to apply a lot as I know it's just going to melt off my face anyway. However my eyelash curlers have helped me to achieve a more natural look without looking like I'm half asleep and I love it. Mine were from Superdrug for like £3 or £4. These are my eyelashes after curling and using one layer of mascara, I love how natural they look!
Clothing: It seems like I have just been lounging around in shorts and the lightest tops during the humid weather, however a relatively new addition to my wardrobe are white jeans. I have always been wary of buying some since I can just picture it ending disastrously with some sort of food spilling on them. But I decided I couldn't just wear dark jeans now it is getting warmer so eventually took the plunge. I actually picked mine up in Primark for a mere £6 - bargain am I right!!!

YouTube channel - Over the past few months I have really been enjoying Ebony Day's channel. I have gone back and watched a load of her old content, as well as keeping up to date with her new videos and vlog channel. Both her and David come across has down to earth and genuine people so their videos are always something I enjoy, plus it is even more exciting now that they have a baby on the way! So if you are looking to watch some new content, head on over to her main channel or their vlog channel.
Food: So my food pick of the month has to be a good old stir fry, honestly they were my life saver during my A Level revision and I still enjoy it now! They're so quick and easy, not terribly unhealthy and taste so good! My personal favourite is a pepper mix with a Blue Dragon sweet chilli and garlic sauce. These little pouches add so much flavour and are affordable too, something I know everyone loves to hear! I'm pretty sure you can find them in most supermarkets for around 65p. Although I couldn't leave out the giant Yorkie buttons which I have recently enjoyed several packets of. I don't know what it is about them because normally I'm not a huge fan of Nestlé or the normal Yorkie bar. However once I eat one of these giant buttons I find myself unknowingly finishing the packet rather quickly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGMAS: CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE

Christmas is approaching so today I thought I'd share my gift guide to hopefully give you inspiration for the people you are buying for this year. I am going to do a combination of gifts for her, gifts for him and then gifts for anyone!  Knitted Jumper - Perfect for this time of the year and something most people would appreciate. Head over to Asos for a huge selection!  Jacket - Another one that is useful for the colder weather, personally I'd like a denim jacket this Christmas but you could also go for a leather, smarter or bomber jacket. Have a look on Topshop for some inspiration!        Image via: Topshop  Shirt - This is definitely something I know my Dad would appreciate and would be a great present if you tend to dress smarter on Christmas day! There are some great choices at John Lewis and Marks and Spencer.  Slippers - Another ideal gift for this time of the year and so cosy,  Next  have some great ones!  Converse - Another one that is on my l

1 YEAR OF BLOGGING!

I did it, a whole year of blogging! I'm so glad that I stuck at it because I enjoy it so much and can't believe how much progress I've made with it all. Not only that, but I've connected to so many people all around the world which is just amazing, I can't wait to see what the next year working on my blog brings! Anyway, here is a sum up of my blogging journey so far. What I've achieved - Just over 50 posts which is equal to roughly 1 per week, and I'm definitely pleased with that! I started off slow and could have probably done a lot more but at least I've got something to work towards! - Hit 1.5k+ followers on my blog Twitter account and also had 30.5k impressions in my best month - Reached 200+ followers on my blog Instagram account after starting to properly use it in May - Had 2562 viewers on Pinterest in one day and an average of around 1000 - Over 9000 pageviews, the fact that I'm on the way to 10,000 blows my mind! -

MID-YEAR GOALS

Since we're halfway through the year I thought I'd do some reflecting and wanted to refocus on some goals to work towards for the rest of 2018. I like having something to work towards whether it's more short-term or something that I'd like to improve over time. I've tried to include a range of things so I can target different aspects of my life! Blogging Goals Hit 2000 followers on Twitter - I just hit 1.5k so 2000 is my next goal! I'm really pleased with how my Twitter following is growing as it's my favourite social media and way to connect! Hit 500 followers on Instagram - My blog account is pretty new & I'm still learning to use it for blogging but I hope to reach at least 500 followers. Work with more companies - It's so rewarding when brands contact and want to work with you so I'd love to work with more companies, I've not had much experience of it but have done a couple of reviews! Schedule more posts - It&