Skip to main content

DISNEY, DUBLIN AND FESTIVAL FUN

As the days get colder and the rain more frequent, I've found myself looking back through photos from the summer. I was lucky to have a very busy few months after finishing my first year of university and had the best time so I thought I'd do a recap of everything I got up to. Festivals I'd never been to a festival before and this year I went to 3! The first was The Isle of Wight Festival which was just amazing and I definitely think it's a festival for everyone to enjoy. We were able to see some amazing artists including Lewis Capaldi, Tom Grennan, The Kooks, Rudimental, Madness, Shaggy and so many more. I did end up burning myself really badly on the first day, despite frequently applying suncream but that was a small price to pay and I've already planned to go again in 2023!  I also went to Boomtown which is a different kind of experience music wise but was so good to spend time with my boyfriend - Ryan and our friends. Also, the sets were incredible, and the eff

THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD

Being nominated for blogger awards is always such a lovely experience and a great way to support and discover blogs. So a massive thank you to Jess for The Sunshine Blogger Award nomination, please go and give her blog some love and you can check out her post here!

Here are the rules for this award:

1) Thank the lovely blogger that nominated you and of course, provide a link to their blog! 
2) Answer the set of 11 questions that they asked you
3) Create 11 new questions and nominate 11 bloggers to answer them
4) And finally, when doing your post make sure you post the rules and add The Sunshine Blogger Award logo!
...
And without further ado, my answers to the questions:

1) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
 I think I'd have to go with pasta as it is one of my favourite foods anyway, plus there are so many variations of it (if that counts!)

2) What is your favourite Disney film of all time and why?
Wow, this is a hard one so I thought I'd split it into categories! Young child - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, I loved this so much that I named family members after the characters. Disney/Pixar - Finding Nemo, a classic in my mind and something I'll always enjoy watching. Older Child - High School Musical, the soundtrack of my childhood and I still love it to this day! I love all of these for different reasons so I couldn't pick just the one!

3) What is your favourite holiday that you've ever been on?
This is very in keeping with the last question as my favourite holiday has to be when I went to Florida and visited Disney! As a 6 year old, it was probably the most exciting thing ever and was a complete dream! I'm so glad that I have a good memory and can remember it all really well. though I'd love to go back again!

4) What is your dream job?
I would absolutely love to incorporate my love of design, writing, and travel into my job. I'm definitely interested in being an interior designer so perhaps I would set up my own travelling interior business, and would keep blogging to document it all and continue with my writing!

5) If you could plan a holiday of a lifetime and didn't have to worry about the cost, where would you go?
An around the world trip for sure! My goal is to have set foot on every continent so I would definitely do that. Or if I could only go to one place then I'd pick Bora Bora as it looks amazing but is so expensive!!

6) If you could live anywhere else in the world where would you choose?
Either somewhere in Australia as I've always loved the idea of living there, or LA just because it has so many amazing opportunities! It would 100% be near a beach though!

7) If you could star in any TV programme, what would it be? 
I enjoy watching crime and mystery dramas so something along those lines. I'd have loved to be in Pretty Little Liars as I thought they balanced the whole teen life and tense, mysterious, thriller storylines well!

8) What is your favourite time of the year?
A very easy one for me, Christmas time without a doubt. I look forward to it all year round and can't wait for the festivities to begin, 324 days to go...!

9) If you could have one skill what would it be?
I would really love to be able to sing, I wish I was born with a naturally great singing voice but unfortunately not! 

10) What is your favourite book?
Hm, well I really enjoyed reading To Kill a Mockingbird and The Great Gatsby whilst at school - both of which are classics so if you haven't ever read them then you need to! The Harry Potter books are timeless obviously and growing up I was obsessed with Enid Blyton's 'Malory Towers' series!

11) What are your hopes/plans for the next 5 years?
I am saving up to hopefully travel, I want to do an Open University course relating to interior design and I would also love to grow my blog and possibly start earning from it one day!
...
Here are 11 questions for my nominees:

1) What are your favourite blog posts to write and your favourite to read?
2) If you had all the ingredients ready to go, what would you cook or bake right now?
3) One food you cannot stand?
4) What is your favourite thing about the blogging community? 
5) What is the best gift you have ever received?
6) What are you enjoying listening to at the moment?
7) What is your favourite season and why?
8) Choose 3 places you'd love to visit, why?
9) What is your star/zodiac sign and do you believe in horoscopes? 
10) How do you organise your blog?
11)) What is one discontinued food product that you would bring back?
...
And lastly, these are the bloggers that I nominate!

Rosie from Barn Cottage Blog
Chloe from Hello, Chloe
Amber from Amber London
Chloe from Chloe Louise Bell
Kerry from Step In Time
Sarah and Ashley from White Wine on Ice
Brittany from My Blissful Adventure
Laura from Laurly Lou
Ashleigh from Ashleigh Hitter

I've linked everyone's blogs so you can go check them out and if you decide to do the post then please share it with me as I'd love to read it!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGMAS: CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE

Christmas is approaching so today I thought I'd share my gift guide to hopefully give you inspiration for the people you are buying for this year. I am going to do a combination of gifts for her, gifts for him and then gifts for anyone!  Knitted Jumper - Perfect for this time of the year and something most people would appreciate. Head over to Asos for a huge selection!  Jacket - Another one that is useful for the colder weather, personally I'd like a denim jacket this Christmas but you could also go for a leather, smarter or bomber jacket. Have a look on Topshop for some inspiration!        Image via: Topshop  Shirt - This is definitely something I know my Dad would appreciate and would be a great present if you tend to dress smarter on Christmas day! There are some great choices at John Lewis and Marks and Spencer.  Slippers - Another ideal gift for this time of the year and so cosy,  Next  have some great ones!  Converse - Another one that is on my l

1 YEAR OF BLOGGING!

I did it, a whole year of blogging! I'm so glad that I stuck at it because I enjoy it so much and can't believe how much progress I've made with it all. Not only that, but I've connected to so many people all around the world which is just amazing, I can't wait to see what the next year working on my blog brings! Anyway, here is a sum up of my blogging journey so far. What I've achieved - Just over 50 posts which is equal to roughly 1 per week, and I'm definitely pleased with that! I started off slow and could have probably done a lot more but at least I've got something to work towards! - Hit 1.5k+ followers on my blog Twitter account and also had 30.5k impressions in my best month - Reached 200+ followers on my blog Instagram account after starting to properly use it in May - Had 2562 viewers on Pinterest in one day and an average of around 1000 - Over 9000 pageviews, the fact that I'm on the way to 10,000 blows my mind! -

MID-YEAR GOALS

Since we're halfway through the year I thought I'd do some reflecting and wanted to refocus on some goals to work towards for the rest of 2018. I like having something to work towards whether it's more short-term or something that I'd like to improve over time. I've tried to include a range of things so I can target different aspects of my life! Blogging Goals Hit 2000 followers on Twitter - I just hit 1.5k so 2000 is my next goal! I'm really pleased with how my Twitter following is growing as it's my favourite social media and way to connect! Hit 500 followers on Instagram - My blog account is pretty new & I'm still learning to use it for blogging but I hope to reach at least 500 followers. Work with more companies - It's so rewarding when brands contact and want to work with you so I'd love to work with more companies, I've not had much experience of it but have done a couple of reviews! Schedule more posts - It&