Skip to main content

DISNEY, DUBLIN AND FESTIVAL FUN

As the days get colder and the rain more frequent, I've found myself looking back through photos from the summer. I was lucky to have a very busy few months after finishing my first year of university and had the best time so I thought I'd do a recap of everything I got up to. Festivals I'd never been to a festival before and this year I went to 3! The first was The Isle of Wight Festival which was just amazing and I definitely think it's a festival for everyone to enjoy. We were able to see some amazing artists including Lewis Capaldi, Tom Grennan, The Kooks, Rudimental, Madness, Shaggy and so many more. I did end up burning myself really badly on the first day, despite frequently applying suncream but that was a small price to pay and I've already planned to go again in 2023!  I also went to Boomtown which is a different kind of experience music wise but was so good to spend time with my boyfriend - Ryan and our friends. Also, the sets were incredible, and the eff

BLOGMAS: MY CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST

Less than a week to go now guys! Something that is a massive part of the whole run up to Christmas are the festive tunes that I love to listen to - in fact I've probably had them on since September time! There are some absolute classics and I would love to know what your favourite is!

I'm going to share my top 10 favourites, then a link to my YouTube Christmas playlist and various Spotify ones too if you want to have a listen and put them on repeat like me!

1) Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens

This one had to be at the top of my list because I have always, always loved it. Whenever I hear it I feel nostalgic as I associate it with Christmas at my Primary school and of course it is great song to get anyone in the Christmas spirit!

2) Last Christmas - Wham!

I couldn't go through Christmas without listening to this, it is a great one to belt out in the car I think! After the horrible passing of George last year, I feel like this one should be on repeat and definitely in everybody's playlists!

3) Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid 1984

The original will always be the best and something I really enjoy listening to. Bob Geldof and Midge Ure gathered talented artists to produce a super group to raise money for the anti-famine efforts in Ethopia so it holds a more important message as well as being a great Christmas song. 

4) Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty McColl

So this is often one of those that people either love or hate and I have to say I never used to be a fan. Growing up I just thought it was a miserable song and could never make out what they said, however growing up I feel I can appreciate it more and it is climbed all the way up to 4th on my list!

5) Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas s You

Now this is often found at the top of many people's lists, it is certainly something I can't imagine not hearing during the festive period! 

6) White Christmas - Bing Crosby and Martha Mears

There are quite a few versions of this one, but the original is simple, effortless and my favourite of them all! It always gets me in the Christmas mood but definitely makes me envious of those who do in fact get a white Christmas where they are!

7) Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Sam Smith 

Again there are plenty of versions of this song and I do have to say that I also love Judy Garland singing it too. However I could listen to Sam Smith's voice all day, it is so effortless and I was so pleased when I saw that he released this! 

8) Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade

This is just another classic that you can't imagine not hearing really can you. There's always one that shouts 'IT'S CHRISTMAS!' a bit too loudly though isn't there!

9) Baby It's Cold Outside - Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews 

Another one that has been covered endless times, however I always enjoy this version purely for Cerys' 'bloody freezin' innit' remark at the end! I also love Zooey Deschanel's voice singing this song, not just because Elf is the best Christmas film though!

10) Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Michael Buble or Darlene Love

This was definitely the hardest spot to fill and probably varies as there are always songs you want to listen to more and certain times, however this year I've found myself playing this one more frequently so had to put it on my list! I like the Darlene Love and Buble's version and listen to both. 

Now if you want to listen to my top 10 and all the other Christmas songs I have been listening to in the run up to Christmas then head over to my YouTube playlist or you can find loads of festive playlists on Spotify too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGMAS: CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE

Christmas is approaching so today I thought I'd share my gift guide to hopefully give you inspiration for the people you are buying for this year. I am going to do a combination of gifts for her, gifts for him and then gifts for anyone!  Knitted Jumper - Perfect for this time of the year and something most people would appreciate. Head over to Asos for a huge selection!  Jacket - Another one that is useful for the colder weather, personally I'd like a denim jacket this Christmas but you could also go for a leather, smarter or bomber jacket. Have a look on Topshop for some inspiration!        Image via: Topshop  Shirt - This is definitely something I know my Dad would appreciate and would be a great present if you tend to dress smarter on Christmas day! There are some great choices at John Lewis and Marks and Spencer.  Slippers - Another ideal gift for this time of the year and so cosy,  Next  have some great ones!  Converse - Another one that is on my l

1 YEAR OF BLOGGING!

I did it, a whole year of blogging! I'm so glad that I stuck at it because I enjoy it so much and can't believe how much progress I've made with it all. Not only that, but I've connected to so many people all around the world which is just amazing, I can't wait to see what the next year working on my blog brings! Anyway, here is a sum up of my blogging journey so far. What I've achieved - Just over 50 posts which is equal to roughly 1 per week, and I'm definitely pleased with that! I started off slow and could have probably done a lot more but at least I've got something to work towards! - Hit 1.5k+ followers on my blog Twitter account and also had 30.5k impressions in my best month - Reached 200+ followers on my blog Instagram account after starting to properly use it in May - Had 2562 viewers on Pinterest in one day and an average of around 1000 - Over 9000 pageviews, the fact that I'm on the way to 10,000 blows my mind! -

MID-YEAR GOALS

Since we're halfway through the year I thought I'd do some reflecting and wanted to refocus on some goals to work towards for the rest of 2018. I like having something to work towards whether it's more short-term or something that I'd like to improve over time. I've tried to include a range of things so I can target different aspects of my life! Blogging Goals Hit 2000 followers on Twitter - I just hit 1.5k so 2000 is my next goal! I'm really pleased with how my Twitter following is growing as it's my favourite social media and way to connect! Hit 500 followers on Instagram - My blog account is pretty new & I'm still learning to use it for blogging but I hope to reach at least 500 followers. Work with more companies - It's so rewarding when brands contact and want to work with you so I'd love to work with more companies, I've not had much experience of it but have done a couple of reviews! Schedule more posts - It&